none
Do I need a license for developing and publishing VSTO-Add-Ins for Outlook ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to develope and publish a VSTO-Add-In in a commercial context for Outlook that displays additional info for our customers. Does our company need a license for that if I use the office developer tools and Outlook object model? In which case do I need a license?

Monday, August 8, 2016 8:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Does our company need a license for that if I use the office developer tools and Outlook object model? In which case do I need a license?

If you want to publish an VSTO add-in to customers, you might need a certificate from Certificate Authorities.

According to Granting Trust to Office Solutions, All application and deployment manifests for Office solutions must be signed with a certificate that identifies the publisher. Certificates provide a basis for making trust decisions.

Three ways to sign with a certificate:

Purchase one from a certificate vendor.

Receive one from a group in your organization responsible for creating digital certificates.

Generate your own certificate with MakeCert.exe, which is included with the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK).

For more information about how to obtain a certificate for signing, see ClickOnce and Authenticode. 

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:23 AM