none
Discover and Pair with Bluetooth devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I am trying to develop a Pocket PC app that uses a bluetooth GPS unit. I would like to be able to simplify the process of pairing with a GPS device by writing code to discover the GPS unit and pair with it. I understand (I think) that this is not possible at this time in the .NET CF 2.0 without using P/Invoke. My Question is where can I find some info and possibly some examples of how to implement something like this. I've tried Google, but perhaps I am not thinking of the right keywords. I would appreciate any help.
    Monday, October 23, 2006 10:24 PM

Answers

• It depends on what Bluetooth Stack your device uses. 

The OpenNetCF library supports the Microsoft stack but not having used it I'm not sure whether it supports pairing.

Unfortunately the OpenNetCF library does not currently support the Widcomm stack.  The Widcomm library is freely downloadable but as you mention you'll neet to interface to it using C++ calls.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 12:44 AM
  • The http://32feet.net library supports the Microsoft stack on Windows CE or XP and does Pairing (BluetoothSecurity class). There are samples for most of the functionality though not specifically the pairing stuff.

Peter

Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:27 AM

All replies

• It depends on what Bluetooth Stack your device uses. 

The OpenNetCF library supports the Microsoft stack but not having used it I'm not sure whether it supports pairing.

Unfortunately the OpenNetCF library does not currently support the Widcomm stack.  The Widcomm library is freely downloadable but as you mention you'll neet to interface to it using C++ calls.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 12:44 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. Most likely all of these devices will be using the Microsoft stack, so any managed or unmanaged calls to the API would be great help
    Tuesday, October 24, 2006 5:35 AM
  • no, it is posible,just be sure that u have the correct driver for the bluetooth.i have a know some body that has a sample vedio for that ,just text 09202762884 look for jason.

i saw the demo for that even the codes.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:01 PM
  • The http://32feet.net library supports the Microsoft stack on Windows CE or XP and does Pairing (BluetoothSecurity class). There are samples for most of the functionality though not specifically the pairing stuff.

Peter

Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:27 AM
  • Peter,

thats awesome thank you very much
    Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:53 PM
  • ja ja lozers

Sunday, September 23, 2007 2:31 PM