none
Use destination theme and embed workbook option, with VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to paste a chart from Excel 2010 to PowerPoint 2010, in order to be able to edit chart data source with Excel, without linking to original excel file. In PowerPoint 2010, there's a way to do this: Pasting with option "Use destination theme and embed workbook option (H)".

How can I do it with VBA? I've made all kind of test, but no one succeded. 

Thanks in advance.

Monday, June 24, 2013 11:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Pako,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Have you tried Shapes.AddOLEObject Method? This method might work for you.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Hi Quist,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I'll tried with Shapes.AddOLEObject with param Link:=msoFalse and, although this method embed the object unlinking from original Excel file, it's not exactly the same performance as pasting with PowerPoint using option "Use destination theme and embed workbook" option, that's what our users need. AddOLEObject method embed an OLE object, but pasting "use destination theme and embed workbook" copy the original chart, and pastes it onto the slide, creating a new chart with same values as original. 

I beleive this pasting option isn't yet implemented with PowerPoint 2010 Interop Assembly Reference.

Regards,

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:20 AM