PDF Rendering - Missing Letters RRS feed

• Question

• We have a very strange bug when rendering reports to PDF.  They display on screen correctly, but when they are printed, the reports miss "F"'s off if they are followed by "L" and "T"'s off if followed by "I"s???

The problem has only just started happening, but we are unable to find the cause?

Thanks

Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:37 PM

Answers

• Yea, that's pretty weird!  There have been some PDF rendering bugs fixed in SQL Server patches & hotfixes.  First, check to see if the font you are using is installed on the report server.  Does the same thing happen with different fonts?  Are you using standard web fonts like Arial, Tahoma, Time New Roman, etc?

What version of SQL Server do you have installed?  Make sure you have the newest service pack or cumulative update.

Paul Turley, MVP [Hitachi Consulting] SQLServerBIBlog.com *Please vote if helpful*
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chain Friday, February 18, 2011 1:30 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:01 AM

All replies

• Yea, that's pretty weird!  There have been some PDF rendering bugs fixed in SQL Server patches & hotfixes.  First, check to see if the font you are using is installed on the report server.  Does the same thing happen with different fonts?  Are you using standard web fonts like Arial, Tahoma, Time New Roman, etc?

What version of SQL Server do you have installed?  Make sure you have the newest service pack or cumulative update.

Paul Turley, MVP [Hitachi Consulting] SQLServerBIBlog.com *Please vote if helpful*
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chain Friday, February 18, 2011 1:30 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:01 AM
  • I'm still wondering about what has caused this odd behavior.  This may be an opprtunity learn something interesting.  I'd appreciate your reply to my earlier post with answeres to my questions. 

Thanks.

Friday, February 18, 2011 1:33 AM
  • Hi Paul,  we have absolutely everything up to date, all latest patches / updates installed.  We were using Calibri font, which was installed on the server and on all client machines.

We eventually switched it to arial and everything seems to work ok?! :S so we've left it in Arial now.

Very strange problem.

Cheers...

Friday, February 25, 2011 10:49 AM