Windows 8.1 app using WinJS 4+ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I have a question regarding using WinJS 4+ with a Windows 8.1 app.

Currently WinJS 2.0 is in "references", however looking through references there is not an option for WinJS 4. Can I just manually download WinJS 4 and include the files with my app?

What is the difference between having a JS library as a reference instead of just manually including the library in the files.

Hope this all makes sense, Thanks

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hello R.C.Byrne,

1. It depends on which WinJS version is by default supplied with the SDK version. For example for UWP apps it automatically adds latest WinJS 4.0 version libraries.

2. WinJS is just a JavaScript framework so adding it manually to the windows 8.1 store app (or using nuget to add it) should not cause any issues and you should be able to use the controls.

3. But keep in mind that if you use any WinRT api's then the correct version of SDK should be installed with it otherwise it might cause errors.

4. Try adding WinJS from here. http://try.buildwinjs.com/download/GetWinJS/. and Remove the WinJS 2.1 reference.

Hope this helps.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:13 AM