none
Access denied on files in the container RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Im experiencing access problems with my containers.

Im enumarating the files and having access denied to some locations.

For instance, 

PS C:\> cat .\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\Events_CostDeferred.rbs
    cat : Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\Events_CostDeferred.rbs' is denied.
    At line:1 char:1
    + cat .\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\Events_CostDeferred.rbs
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: (C:\ProgramData\...ostDeferred.rbs:String) [Get-Content], UnauthorizedAccessException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetContentReaderUnauthorizedAccessError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetContentCommand

I get this error on several other files too, this is just one of many.

Im running Windows server 2016, Version 1607, OS build 14393.447.

I try microsoft/nanoserver:10.0.14393.447, and I tried several ways to run the container prior trying to access the above file:

docker run --rm -ti microsoft/nanoserver:10.0.14393.447 powershell.exe cat C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\Events_CostDeferred.rbs

docker run --rm --user=root -ti microsoft/nanoserver:10.0.14393.447 powershell.exe cat C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\Events_CostDeferred.rbs

docker run --rm --user=Administrator -ti microsoft/nanoserver:10.0.14393.447 powershell.exe cat C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\Events_CostDeferred.rbs

docker run --rm --privileged -ti microsoft/nanoserver:10.0.14393.447 powershell.exe cat C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\Events_CostDeferred.rbs

Any suggestions of what can I text next, and how to solve this? I would like to run similary to linux root, that is --user=root or --user=0

Monday, December 5, 2016 6:56 AM