none
How to create a powerpoint add-in? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have been developing a powerpoint addin. I am facing the following problems:

1. I am not able to align the text to center.(used code is shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Text="Your text";) Should I go with paragraph, if so how to do it using paragraph?

2.How to apply shape styles using c#?

3. How to make my addin into a ppa file so others users can use it in their powerpoint?

4.I have some images which are inserted within the shapes. Is it possible to package them within the addin?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, June 12, 2015 11:09 AM

Answers

• Hello Karthik,

You can build an installer for the add-in to be able to install it on other PCs. See the Deploying an Office Solution section in MSDN for more information. 

Friday, June 12, 2015 11:29 AM
  • Hi Karthik

If you're using C#, then you can't create a *.ppa for your add-in - that's only for VBA add-ins. Add-ins created using the .NET Framework need to be installed. See the information Eugene gave you if you're using the VSTO tools.

Since you need to create an install package, yes, you can include your graphics as part of the package.

See if shape.TextFrame.TextRange.ParagraphFormat.Alignment is what you're looking for. This takes a PpParagraphAlignment Enum (ppAlignCenter, for example).

I'm not sure what "Shape styles" are? Can you describe the end-user command?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Friday, June 12, 2015 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Karthik,

You can build an installer for the add-in to be able to install it on other PCs. See the Deploying an Office Solution section in MSDN for more information. 

Friday, June 12, 2015 11:29 AM
  • Hi Karthik

If you're using C#, then you can't create a *.ppa for your add-in - that's only for VBA add-ins. Add-ins created using the .NET Framework need to be installed. See the information Eugene gave you if you're using the VSTO tools.

Since you need to create an install package, yes, you can include your graphics as part of the package.

See if shape.TextFrame.TextRange.ParagraphFormat.Alignment is what you're looking for. This takes a PpParagraphAlignment Enum (ppAlignCenter, for example).

I'm not sure what "Shape styles" are? Can you describe the end-user command?

Friday, June 12, 2015 3:00 PM
  • There are some rectangular shapes in my presentation. I have set the border color to white so it would look like the presentation is empty. After clicking on the addin button text gets filled in those shapes. During that click event how can I change the border color ?

Monday, June 15, 2015 10:52 AM
  • There are some rectangular shapes in my presentation. I have set the border color to white so it would look like the presentation is empty. After clicking on the addin button text gets filled in those shapes. During that click event how can I change the border color ?

Could you ask this as a new question, please, so that other people who can help are more likely to see the question?

Monday, June 15, 2015 7:58 PM