none
InfoPath Date Picker Control Not Editable in Datasheet View

Question

• Hello,

I have a date picker control on an InfoPath form that I want to make editable in a datasheet view within a SharePoint library. When promoting the date field the "Allow users to edit data in this field by using a datasheet or properties page" checkbox has been disabled. I've tried updating the control to Date and Time Picker but ran into issues with the date being a day behind. I've been searching and have yet to find a solution or a workaround. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks! 

Monday, May 1, 2017 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Chucksv,

Are you using SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013? DataSheet view feature is a feature of SharePoint 2010, and this feature is called Quick Edit in SharePoint 2013.

Anyway, based on your description, I could reproduce this issue on SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013. It seems that promoted Date picker is ready-only in Datasheet view/Quick Edit by default.

As a workaround, you need to create a new form using InfoPath Designer and re-design your form with a Date and Time Picker.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Chucksv Friday, May 5, 2017 7:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Chucksv,

Are you using SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013? DataSheet view feature is a feature of SharePoint 2010, and this feature is called Quick Edit in SharePoint 2013.

Anyway, based on your description, I could reproduce this issue on SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013. It seems that promoted Date picker is ready-only in Datasheet view/Quick Edit by default.

As a workaround, you need to create a new form using InfoPath Designer and re-design your form with a Date and Time Picker.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Chucksv Friday, May 5, 2017 7:22 PM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your clarification. I'm currently using SharePoint 2013.

I've updated the controls from Date to Date Time. When I create a new record and use the Quick Edit function to update the date and then reopen the form the date shows a day behind.

The other issue is that I'm working with old records that are in the date format. Since I've update the controls to Date Time when I reopen the form the field errors due to incorrect formatting because of missing the time.

Is the workaround for this just creating rules to update the format? The reason I'm asking is that if I were to go that route I would have quite a few rules to create. Thanks for your help.

Chucksv

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:04 PM