none
Send Port Group in BizTalk Server 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am newbie in BizTalk. I have learned about Send Port group. I understood that I can add multiple send ports in the single group. Now I have a doubt.

Example :-  I have three send ports and each send port have different filter conditions. So, if I add these three ports in the single send port group, what will happen. Message will filter on the conditions or message will directly drop on the file path.(Using file adapter)

Please suggest.

Monday, June 13, 2016 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohit,

If the send port group has a subscription and any messages coming to the group will go to the send ports in the group, regardless of their filters. The send ports may get messages directly based on their own filters. It is possible that your send port will get the message twice, once from the group filter and once from its own filter.

If the send port group does not have subscription/filter then individual send port filter will take priority.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Monday, June 13, 2016 10:34 AM
  •  I have three send ports and each send port have different filter conditions. So, if I add these three ports in the single send port group, what will happen. Message will filter on the conditions or message will directly drop on the file path.(Using file adapter)

In that case, the individual SendPort Filters will rule. So, the message will drop in only that SendPort path whose Filter condition matches to True. The other SendPort paths will not get the file, even though all are in the same SendPort Group.

Consider the reverse case, you have the same Filter on both an individual SendPort and also on the SendPort Group that contains the SendPort. In this case, the same input file will be delivered twice to the same filepath as two subscriptions will be evaluated to True.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, June 13, 2016 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Mohit,

If the send port group has a subscription and any messages coming to the group will go to the send ports in the group, regardless of their filters. The send ports may get messages directly based on their own filters. It is possible that your send port will get the message twice, once from the group filter and once from its own filter.

If the send port group does not have subscription/filter then individual send port filter will take priority.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Monday, June 13, 2016 10:34 AM
  •  I have three send ports and each send port have different filter conditions. So, if I add these three ports in the single send port group, what will happen. Message will filter on the conditions or message will directly drop on the file path.(Using file adapter)

In that case, the individual SendPort Filters will rule. So, the message will drop in only that SendPort path whose Filter condition matches to True. The other SendPort paths will not get the file, even though all are in the same SendPort Group.

Consider the reverse case, you have the same Filter on both an individual SendPort and also on the SendPort Group that contains the SendPort. In this case, the same input file will be delivered twice to the same filepath as two subscriptions will be evaluated to True.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, June 13, 2016 11:13 AM
  • Another point to note-

You would normally set a Filter only on the SendPort Group and not individual SendPorts, when clubbing multiple SendPorts in the same SendPort Group. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to include these different SendPorts in the same SendPort Group.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, June 13, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

Answer to your questions,

Filters on send port groups do not override filters on individual send ports. Filters
    used on both send ports and a send port group operate in a cumulative nature. If the same
    filter is used on a send port group as well as the individual send ports within the group,
    it is likely that duplicate messages will be sent. Special care must be given if filters are
    implemented on both send ports and send port groups.

Hope this Helps!!!

Please Mark as Answered If you satisfy with Reply.

• Proposed as answer by vikas.a.mehta Monday, June 13, 2016 1:01 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2016 1:01 PM