WDP 2008 pre-RTW Trial RRS feed

• Question

• User-798186776 posted

H All,
         We are still on track to release WDP for Visual Studio 2008 before the end of this month (Jan 2008)...  Currently we have a very close to final build which is undergoing a test pass...  If anyone of you would like to receive this build for a test run then please send me an email at Vishal dot Joshi at Microsoft dot com...
         We will probably have to ask for 2-3 day turn around time for issues from you in order to get them in before RTW... I hope you will understand..
    Vishal R Joshi | http://www.vishaljoshi.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:07 PM

All replies

• User1869760595 posted

Hi Vishal,

We recently moved some web projects from 2003 directly to 2008 and realised the deployment issues with website type of projects. Thats when i digged more and came to know of web deployment project for websites in VS 2005. I thought it was compatible to VS 2008 as well. I installed it, but on the right click of a website in VS 2008, its not showing the web deployment project option.

I assume you are coming up with WDP for VS 2008 and have a version ready. Can you please mail me the exe at kumarneeli@gmail.com for a test run. I want to see if that meets our deployment requirements. Else, I will have to change the website to a web application project in 2008.

Also, would you suggest a website or a web application project? which one is better?

Friday, January 18, 2008 5:36 PM