No Arguments Editor in rehosted designer. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

Why there is no Arguments editor when you create workflows in either reshosted or VS workflow designer??

I wonder because it`s said Workflow=Custom Activity.Therefore workflow can have input and output arguments.

Thanks.

Friday, April 16, 2010 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you creating a workflow console application or a workflow service?

You will see an arguments button show up in a Workflow Console Application, but not in a Workflow Service, and only conditionally in a rehosted application (it depends on exactly what you load into the designer, see this thread for an example ).

[The console application is that Workflow Console Application workflow defines a type, and that type can have arguments stored on it, whereas Workflow Service is 1) not a type, and 2) typically receives its input in some other way than arguments, such as A) receive activity, B) custom activities, C) hosting extensions.]

Tim

Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:22 PM

All replies

• sorry, what do you mean there is no Arguments editor?

are you looking for argument designer?

for rehosting app

you need to use workflowdesigner.load(activitybuilder) to see the argument designer.

because argument is the property of activitybuilder.

Friday, April 16, 2010 5:27 PM
  • I'm not sure whether i got your question correctly. If so, we do have the argument designer. You can open/clost it by clicking on the "Arguments" tab at the bottom of designer canvas (you need to be in the designer view). You can view and edit the argument information in this argument designer. Also, when you highlight an argument, you can edit its info in the property grid.

Let me know if you means something else. thanks!

This posting is provided "AS IS" and confers no rights or warranties.
    Saturday, May 22, 2010 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

Are you creating a workflow console application or a workflow service?

You will see an arguments button show up in a Workflow Console Application, but not in a Workflow Service, and only conditionally in a rehosted application (it depends on exactly what you load into the designer, see this thread for an example ).

[The console application is that Workflow Console Application workflow defines a type, and that type can have arguments stored on it, whereas Workflow Service is 1) not a type, and 2) typically receives its input in some other way than arguments, such as A) receive activity, B) custom activities, C) hosting extensions.]

Tim

Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:22 PM