Questions on 'AddAccount' and 'CustomerSignUp' opeartions in CustomerMangement RRS feed

All replies

• The AddAccounts method has not been released yet. You are looking at Pre-Release documentation, as mentioned. As is the other link you provided.

When calling CustomerSignUp, leave CreditCard to NULL to create an invoiced customer and account.

So to create new accounts, you'll want to work with your Microsoft Sales/Search team representative. Also, in general, for inquiries that are directed to Microsoft, you'll want to open a support ticket for quickest service and work with the service teams. It is OK to post on the forum also, though!

Jeff Dillon, API Support

Friday, December 11, 2009 5:02 PM
  • Hi Jeff,
        Thanks for your reply and clarification!

Yes, I have already got a reseller enabled account and access Key and tried CustomerSignup() with C#, it's working fine. Thanks a bunch.

Would you mind tell me how to open a support ticket? or shall I contact MSFT account rep instead?

I have a few more questions:

1) when will addAccount() be available to the public? In a near future? It appears to me it's version 6.01. 

2) user object is required when calling CustomerSignup() -- it's a bit troublesome, then we have to create new users for each newly created customer account. Is there any way we can avoid creating new users for each new account?

3) Once I created a new customer via the reseller username/access Key, a new customer called 'Aggregator Account 1' is also created. What is that for? It seems that it's only visible via API query but not on adCenter web UI. 

Best regards,

Kelvin Li
    Monday, December 14, 2009 10:44 AM
  • No ETA for the next version, although we try to release an update every 6 months or so. The Account name uses the name you give to the Customer. You do need to create a user for each new customer account. It should show in the UI if you search for it

Jeff Dillon, API Support
    Monday, December 14, 2009 5:22 PM
  • Thank you, Jeff!
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:51 PM