Invalid column name Model on Login RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the MVC template in Visual Studio 2015 with .NET Framework 4.5.2. I am using authentication from a SQL Server database. When I attempt to login, I am getting the error "Invalid column name Model" at

var result = await SignInManager.PasswordSignInAsync(model.Email, model.Password, model.RememberMe, shouldLockout: false);

Carolyn Schroeder

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Carolyn Schroeder,

Is it happened when you create a new MVC template and you don't do any operate with it? If no and you add some code or modified something in MVC, please post your problem in ASP.NET forum.
    If yes, is it occurred when installed Visual Studio or after using Visual Studio for a long time? If it occurred after using a long time, Please troubleshooting with below steps.
    1.Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "devenv/SafeMode" to isolate some third part of packages and software.
    2.Resetting all settings with this guidance
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247075%28v=vs.100%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    3.Please copy a MVC template from another computer which can login successful. If it can login successful, it means the MVC template in you Visual Studio is broken. Please restore the default project template with devenv/installvstemplate" command.

If it still can't login and it occurred when installed, please modify Visual Studio with following steps.
    1.Open Control Panel.
    2.Select Visual Studio 2015 and right-click
    3.Select "Change"
    4.Choose "Modify" button to check whether you have checked the "Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools". And then update it.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Thursday, September 24, 2015 12:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:58 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Carolyn Schroeder,

Is it happened when you create a new MVC template and you don't do any operate with it? If no and you add some code or modified something in MVC, please post your problem in ASP.NET forum.
    If yes, is it occurred when installed Visual Studio or after using Visual Studio for a long time? If it occurred after using a long time, Please troubleshooting with below steps.
    1.Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "devenv/SafeMode" to isolate some third part of packages and software.
    2.Resetting all settings with this guidance
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247075%28v=vs.100%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    3.Please copy a MVC template from another computer which can login successful. If it can login successful, it means the MVC template in you Visual Studio is broken. Please restore the default project template with devenv/installvstemplate" command.

If it still can't login and it occurred when installed, please modify Visual Studio with following steps.
    1.Open Control Panel.
    2.Select Visual Studio 2015 and right-click
    3.Select "Change"
    4.Choose "Modify" button to check whether you have checked the "Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools". And then update it.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Thursday, September 24, 2015 12:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:58 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 10:32 AM
  • Choosing the "Modify" button and checking "Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools" worked for me and then updating worked for me. Thanks very much!!!

Carolyn Schroeder

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:58 PM
  • This is the answer to my question, thanks!

Carolyn Schroeder

Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:20 AM