none
installing .net framework 4.0 = failed with 0x240006 - (null). RRS feed

• Question

• Ok,

I am on Windows 7 64bit Ultimate and I did a inplace upgrade 48hours ago.

I cannot install net framework 4.0 and above

always getting a failure.

failed with 0x240006 - (null)

I did all the steps excactly as explained in this thread:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/9e46d797-a956-449b-8c52-af308e188436/installing-net-framework-40-windows61kb958488v6001x64msu-problem

Then I tried it with creating another admin profile as explained in another thread.

NO chance. Any suggestions ?
    I have to say also that I have issues with installing any windows updates or online or manually it does not matter.'
    And I have tried already a lot to solve this. No chance. 

here is the link to the log. It is a zip and not a cab file ;-)

https://we.tl/Cfreoo9p0h

Thank you and kind regards
    Richard

Monday, July 2, 2018 5:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to the error message, please have a look at this similar thread and go to "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET" there is a directory called "assembly", if there have some subdirectories with lots of old dot net 4 files, renamed the directory assembly and try to install .NET Framework 4.0 again.

Meanwhile, make sure windows update is up-to-date, temporarily disable any antivirus software, clean up %temp% folder and re-run the installer as administrator. If this issue persists, please perform a clean boot in Windows, run the installer as administrator to check it again.

>> I have to say also that I have issues with installing any windows updates or online or manually it does not matter.'

It seems this issue is more relates to your OS condition, please redirect to this appropriate forum to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 3:28 AM