none
Customizing the "Who Does What" Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am in the process of putting together a report that is very similar to the Who Does What report. My issue is that the fields (columns) shown in the standard report are not relevant for me. Rather I would like to show specific fields on the task sheet. Additionally I would like to only show tasks that have not been completed. I was wondering if I could get a general to-do list to accomplish this. I am working under short timelines so dont have the time to browse through books and any tips on the general steps I need to follow to accomplish this would be helpful.

I could be completely wrong but the approach I understand of "googling" so far is to create a custom table and then use that in the report. However, when I try to do this..I created a "task" table with my custom fields and this table cannot be used as a source when I go in to edit the "Who Does What" report. Again, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:13 AM

Answers

• yayo84,

You can't use a custom task table because the Who Does What report is a resource report. You will have to create a custom resource table. Also be advised that the sub-data under each resource is assignment data, so whatever custom fields you include in the table will not show up on assignment lines.

I never found much use for any of the built-in reports. Whenever I needed a custom report I always developed a macro to export the desired data to Excel. It was far easier to customize and format.

John

• Marked as answer by yayo84 Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:55 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:16 AM