Is there any desire out there any more for a designable SSRS control for HTML client? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new control for HTML client which is an SSRS report viewer to replicate my SSRS Control for LS Silverlight client.  If there is any desire left for LightSwitch controls please let me know and I will take the time to release it. Please take a look at the demo I have created to see its functionality.

Derek Spurlock

Derek

Saturday, March 5, 2016 12:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• I would love to buy it but I cannot render any reports from your demo inside a iPad or am I missing something?

Sven Elm

Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Hi Derek,

I am interested. Let me know if and when you release it.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Fleet

Saturday, March 5, 2016 12:53 PM
  • I tried it on mine and it is more likely that the report is not visible due to the size of the list on the left.  I tried turning mine to landscape and the splitter resized to show only 1 column on the order list.  Can you try that and let me know if that was the case.

Derek

Monday, March 7, 2016 4:28 PM
  • Hi Derek, I've found the same that you cannot view the report on an iPad. Just tried again, switching between portrait and landscape to get the single column on the left, but all you see on the right is the report properties and not the report.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Monday, March 7, 2016 7:20 PM
  • IOS version?

Derek

Monday, March 7, 2016 7:25 PM
  • At work now, so don't have the iPad with me, but it is the latest iOS as far as I'm aware.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Monday, March 7, 2016 8:00 PM
  • I run iOS 9.2.1 on my iPad and cannot see the reports

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:16 AM
  • Yes yes yes! BTW, couldn't load your demo - 

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 
    An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\htmlextensions.spursoft.com\web.config    Line: 162 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' could not be loaded.
    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:02 PM
  • Yes I am upgrading my server to 2014 to see if that helps on viewing reports on iOS 9 I will post when the demo is back up

Derek

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Thanks for sharing, Derek.

The report control is throwing this error:

Request failed with status code '400' and status text 'Bad Request'.

Are you still upgrading your server?

Nicolás Lope de Barrios
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 1:17 PM
  • The update is complete.  And should be working for all browsers including IOS 9 safari on ipad.

Derek

Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:34 AM
  • Check it now.

Derek

Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:36 AM
  • Check it now please.

Derek

Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:37 AM
  • It seems that the same SO is displayed on the Report no matter which SO you choose on the left. Is this supposed to be the case?

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:38 AM
  • Oops (sheepish grin)  typo on the Parameter Name.  Try it now.

Derek

Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:46 AM
  • Yes all good now thanks. I will try on my iPad later today.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2016 1:03 AM
  • I am so pleased that there are people out there still willing to put extensions and expand on LS. However, I am sorry to say that I still cannot run this. Previously the left hand navigation never loaded and this morning all I see is the screenshot below

Error message

HHere is the error in text if that helps

Report Viewer Configuration Error 

The Report Viewer Web Control HTTP Handler has not been registered in the application's web.config file. Add <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type = "Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" /> to the system.web/httpHandlers section of the web.config file, or add <add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" /> to the system.webServer/handlers section for Internet Information Services 7 or later.

Im using IE11 on a high spec Win7 laptop

If you found this post helpful, please mark it as helpful. If by some chance I answered the question, please mark the question as answered. That way you will help more people like me :)

Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:40 AM
  • Well, the demo seems to be working well now, and it looks awesome.

Will this prompt for another login when accessing a report?

When can I buy it?

Stephen

Thursday, March 10, 2016 4:08 PM
  • Also, my SSRS server is SQL 2012. Reports work well on iPads (Safari) after using the tweak that must be used. Will we still be okay with this environment with your Report Viewer?

Thanks again,

Stephen

Thursday, March 10, 2016 4:13 PM
  • The HTML will be bundled with the Traditional Suite of controls upgraded for 2015 I will be releasing later today or early tomorrow.

Derek

Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:45 PM
  • The latest version for 2015 is posted. You can get it from the Gallery Page or my Web site.

Derek

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:04 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 12:54 AM