Slicer with summarize column RRS feed

• Question

• I have a FactLosses Table, and a DimAccumulation table. I have brought them into PowerBi and I have placed a slicer to choose which accumulation zones i am interested in.

Once the user has selected the zones, i want to perform a group by year on the losses and sum the losses into year buckets. But only on the data that applies to the zones the user picked.

I am using the following DAX code to do the group by like so...

Table = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(FactForwardLookingAccumulation[Year], "Losses By Year", SUM(FactForwardLookingAccumulation[Net Loss Our Share Usd]))

The problem is the new table always produces the same result. i.e When i make changes to which accumulation perils should be included it makes no difference to the summation. (it is summing the entire table)

I'd like to use the slicer to filter the fact table and then have the DAX query run on the filtered list. Is this possible?

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:42 PM

Answers

• Hi DannyH246,

Thanks for your question.

If I understand you correctly, it is not necessary to create this calculated table using SummarizeColumns. Based on your description, I typed out a sample table ProductAmount as below:

If you want to get amount by year, please create a measure called TotalAmount as below:

TotalAmount = SUM(ProductAmount[Amount])

One more thing, according to your description, your problem is more related to Power BI. Since our forum is discussing Power Pivot issue, to solve your question more efficiently, please post your question in Power BI forum: http://community.powerbi.com ,you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 3:12 AM