PivotViewer leaks memory RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have a PivotViewer control in our application that uses images. Once loaded the control never gets released. We have analyzed the issue with windbg and found the control is being held by an internal data structure:

!gcroot 2a19ef98
    HandleTable:
    060a11e8 (pinned handle)
    -> 0d62a460 System.Object[]
    -> 31134468 System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.String, mscorlib],[System.Tuple`2[[System.Windows.DependencyProperty, System.Wi
    -> 31134e40 System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Entry[[System.String, mscorlib],[System.Tuple`2[[System.Windows.DependencyProperty, Sys-> 3113470c System.Tuple`2[[System.Windows.DependencyProperty, System.Windows],Microsoft.Internal.Pivot.Utilities.DependencyPropertySyncMa

-> 31134680 System.Windows.CustomDependencyProperty

-> 311345c4 System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1[[System.Windows.Controls.Pivot.PivotViewerProperty, System.Windows.Contro
    -> 31d46ff4 System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler
    -> 31d46fdc System.Object[]
    -> 3113b89c System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler
    -> 31133f34 System.Windows.Controls.Pivot.PivotViewer

I have omitted part of the gcroot output to highlight the most important region. There are only ViewModel instances from our side and their are being held by bindings to the control.

I suspect there is some kind of bug with the Microsoft.Internal.Pivot.Utilities.DependencyPropertySyncManager...

Anyone with the same issue? Is this a control bug? Where can I report it?

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:39 PM

All replies

• http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/33303/Silverlight-application-memory-leaks-detector

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/626474/pivotviewer-slow-loading-and-excessive-memory-use-when-shared-images-used

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:02 AM
  • I don't think that is the problem because we are on SL 5 and the December 11 toolkit, that is an old topic.

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:57 AM