reading Doc file in ASP.Net 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• User-499763368 posted

Hi all,

I had given a task to read a doc (word file of any version) file content and display it using ASP.Net 2008. Actual problem is that, i have a letter that is in doc format. now i want to add name , address, etc from backend or say from local varialabe.Below is a  sample of its logic

<First Name> <Last NAme>
    <Address1>
    <Address2>
    <Address3>
    <City><Zip>

Hi <FirstName><LastName>,

With due respect......<SomeID>.......

Your's Respectfully

<OtherPerson>

Now what i want is that i want to put dynamic values under the text enclosed with <>, for example

<First Name> <Last NAme><Address1><Address2><Address3><City><Zip>, fisrtname last name will be fetched from my local variables / backend.

And after putting values to the respective fields , it should be displayed on web-browser if possible, like pdf file, so that printout can be taken..

Mine major issue is that,  i want its content to read by some streamreader or similar thing and store it somewhere, keeping doc files Formatting alive. I dont want to loose its formatting. Means if FirstNAme is bold, then it will remain bold till entire processing.

Hope problem will be clear to you all..

Please help me out..Thanks in advance..

Regards 

Amit Ranjan

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:24 AM

Answers

• User-499763368 posted
    Sorry to say..but I think there is no real MVPs' or Pro's here to resolve this. Any wayz I am closing this thread...[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:05 AM