Error while selecting a datasource for a binding source RRS feed

• Question

• i was beginning my smartdevice project. i successfully made a database and dragged a binding source onto the form. but when i tried to select a datasource for that binding source, this error appeared and i was not able to connect to my database.

Error Message: Could not load type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.SyncFacade.SyncManager' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

how can i solve this? please help...
    IT student
    Monday, April 20, 2009 1:59 PM

Answers

• This is a known issue addressed here:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=387184&wa=wsignin1.0 

If you are using a beta version of Visual Studio, please switch to the RTM version. Otherwise please see the solution in the previous link:

"The solution for this is try to re-install VS2008 SP1. Or try to replace the Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage.dll assembly to the RTM version."

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, April 24, 2009 5:58 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:27 AM

All replies