Message driven response RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

Thaks

Cheers

TA 

Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:13 PM

All replies

• TA, I believe the third party application is a pub/sub (publication/subscribe) modelled application.  Your application on the other end should be built to handle the call to the third party application ascynchronously...  The sequence would be

Call 1, your webpage/business tier makes a call to the third party webservice asynchronously.  It does not wait for the call the return, as the nature of asynchronous will keep doing other things while a delegate is waiting for the callback return from your vendor.

Call 2, vendor application receives the call and does what ever needs to be done and calls your callback function.

Call 3, call back delegate receives the call and completes the operation from your end.

{ Gaja; }

http://gajakannan.com/netarch.aspx

Monday, October 27, 2008 3:11 AM
  •  

Thanks

Cheers

TA

Monday, October 27, 2008 5:02 PM
  • Even in that scenario, you can run your end as asynchronous call...  I dont see that as a problem.  Are you using .NET 1.1, 2.0 or 3.x?

Monday, October 27, 2008 6:12 PM
  • Hi.. i am using .net 2.0 . There is a problem because, thirdparty messaging1 system receives request from windows services and submits the response for the request to a webservice. And both are different calls.Sad

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:16 AM
  •  TA_EEE wrote:

thirdparty messaging1 system receives request from windows services

Why should the third party system receive request from windows service.  Your web application's business layer could directly call the third party 'web service' correct?  When you generate proxy for the third party web service endpoint, you could see, there are asynch calls were generated automatically by framework SDK behind the scene for you...

{ Gaja; }

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:33 AM
  • Thanks, i found from MS folks that there is no other way.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:11 PM