none
Issue Installing WINEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

To begin with, I'm fairly new to the WinCE environement so I apologize if my questions can seem trivial. 

So I want to install Window Embedded Compact 7 on my computer in order to build an image for a Raspberry Pi 2B board. I looked for some guidance and I found you need Visual Studio 2008 in order to install Windows Platform Builder.

I have Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition already installed:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition

Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM - Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.1 SP1

The problem is when I try to install WindowsEmbeddedCompact7, I'm unable to install Windows Platform Builder. I can't tick Platform Builder, Campact Test kit, Windows Emùbeded Silverlight Tools and Sharde Source. There's also a red cross in front of each of them and says that I need to install VS 2008 with Service pack 1.

Therefore I tried to update VS with Service Pack 1 but when I launch the installer, it shows me the following message :

===========================================================================

A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Express editions.

=============================================================================

UPDATE :

I successfully upgraded my VS by downloading this time the .iso installer with the right language version (my VS was in French, that's why I had the compability error as my installer was in English). I can now install the platform Builder but when installing, I need to insert a disk. As I don't have any installation disks, i chose to enable the "Allow downloading for all file" option. No Chance, the acquisition of the file failed... and I haven't found a place where you could manually download all the required files.

Any ideas ? Thanks !

• Edited by Owlowish Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:57 AM
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 7:58 AM

All replies