none
Office365 service health RRS feed

• Question

• I m trying to understand how office365 service health is reported in office365 portal.

please help me with answer for the queries

1) if there is one or more advisories for particular service then the service is unhealthy. is that correct?

2) once there is advisory that mean an event is raised for that particular service ?

3) for an event , service status keeps changing till the issue is resolved  and event status finally becomes service restored/false positive. is this correct?

4)if there is an end time for an event that mean service is restored/false positive? otherwise event end time is null & service is unhealthy?

5) if it possible an event with service degraded status has event end time  ?

could someone help me getting answer for this , please correct me if it is wrong

regards,

kishore

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:57 PM

All replies

• Advisories are considered different from Service Interruption Events, or Incidents, thus are reported in a different section. But generally yes, there is something wrong with the service. Both should have start/end dates, and it's not necessarily for an advisory to be changed to incident or vice versa. Advisories usually take longer time to fix though, once they are resolved the end date and additional details should be provided.
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

I am trying to use the Office 365 Service Communications API - GetEvents to get the service incidents and maintenance events. From the events I am trying to determine the service statuses (healthy or not). 

I am passing 0,1 values for the preferredEventTypes parameter.

1. Can I assume a service is healthy, if there are no events for that particular service without an end date? I ask this question because, I once saw an event in "Service Degradation" state, but it had an end time value. 

I don't understand the correlation between Incidents, advisories which I see in the dashboard, and the service incidents and maintenance events which I get from the API.

Please help.

Thanks,

Mohan

• Edited by Iam_MohanK Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:45 AM