Has anyone used "Microsoft.BizTalk.B2B.PartnerManagement" API ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, forum; trying to make sense of that undocumented API library to create an agreement using BizTalk 2010. So far, I can create a Partner, Business Profiles, Business Identities and Partnerships, but how to create an agreement (onewayagreements and all that) still eludes me. I have checked one reference, it was written by Mick Breeze (http://blogs.breeze.net/mickb/2012/05/22/BizTalk2010CreatingTPMPartnersThroughCode.aspx), and also getting inspired by the newest published in here (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/dn232396.aspx) which is not the same but at least it's something. I have navigated through the classes but I can't manage to do all the tasks that it is suppose to achieve.

Has anyone used this before that may be able to help ? Is there any SDK sample of some sort ?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:32 PM

Answers

• We we're trying to do automatic Partner/Agreement creation.  The eventual solution was to simply overwrite the ISA Identifiers to match one of several generic Agreements.

I've never done this but I've heard (maybe somewhere on this Forum) that people have sucessfully used the binding file interface to create TPM artifacts.  But Agreed, that would be a klunky solution for editing.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, February 3, 2014 7:56 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 3:13 PM

All replies

• Welcome to the Party!

You're not the first to head down this road. I have myself with varying degrees of success and frustration and lots of time with ILSpy.  Really, the complicating factor is the use of the Entity Framework with some entities being serialized blobs in the database.

I think we're at the same place with creating a few entites but I was never able to connect all the dots.  The project where this would have been useful finished using a different solution so I haven't revisited it in a while.

Note, this is not in any way considered an API by the Product Group, it's for internal consumption only so no SDK or samples.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:26 PM
  • Wow, sounds really somber and frustrating. If you do not mind me asking, boatseller, what other options would you consider to do this sort of endeavor, if anything, when the API proved ineffective ?
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:44 PM
  • What exact problem are you trying to solve?
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:57 PM
  • Partner automation. The user wants to use an asp.net form instead of using biztalk admin console, in order to create and update a large party database, the total count rounding between 300 to 500 partners, so, we have already a webform with all business related information and we've add some port related information that will ultimately end up as the party information. With that info, this library should be able to accomplish everything we normally do from the console.

We are not migrating from a previous version, so the party migration tools is a no-go. We explored the idea of creating a binding-like file that would be loaded from BtsTask, but ultimately, we end up with the idea of using this obscure library to perform all those so called duties of handling party related information on biztalk server.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:45 PM
  • We we're trying to do automatic Partner/Agreement creation.  The eventual solution was to simply overwrite the ISA Identifiers to match one of several generic Agreements.

I've never done this but I've heard (maybe somewhere on this Forum) that people have sucessfully used the binding file interface to create TPM artifacts.  But Agreed, that would be a klunky solution for editing.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, February 3, 2014 7:56 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 3:13 PM
  • Perhaps Microsoft wants us to switch platforms and go with competitive solutions. If they're not investing in this product line, why should we?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:58 PM
  • On the contrary, Microsoft continues their investment in BizTalk Server over year and what we know as BizTalk Server will be shipped and supported for a very long time.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:05 AM