Phoneme of wave file RRS feed

• Question

• can anyone tell me how can i find the phoneme of web file?
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:07 AM

Answers

• I assume you mean you want to recognize a phoneme from a .wav file, correct?

If so, you might want to look into SAPI (Speech API), which, I believe, allows you to do speech recognition from a WAV file (see ISpStream::BindToFile).  I don't know off the top of my head whether you'll be able to get it to recognize individual phonemes, rather than words, though.

That said, this forum probably won't be too much help with any follow-up questions you have, since your question isn't about Media Foundation.

Friday, March 2, 2007 9:11 PM

All replies

• I assume you mean you want to recognize a phoneme from a .wav file, correct?

If so, you might want to look into SAPI (Speech API), which, I believe, allows you to do speech recognition from a WAV file (see ISpStream::BindToFile).  I don't know off the top of my head whether you'll be able to get it to recognize individual phonemes, rather than words, though.

That said, this forum probably won't be too much help with any follow-up questions you have, since your question isn't about Media Foundation.

Friday, March 2, 2007 9:11 PM
  • Hi Becky Weiss,
    Thanx for your responce, actaully i have to compare two .WAV files. one of the parameter is phoneme i want to find out all the phoneme used in WAV file.
    Monday, March 5, 2007 9:03 AM