Dropdown problem in ssrs report genertion RRS feed

• Question

• User-1545798617 posted

Hi,

Iam new to this (ssrs report generation)application.Iam feeling trouble in the dropdown.

1)  Actually In dropdown the values are not getting. How to get the values into the dropdown.If there is any process PLZ tell me. iam using Visual studio of 2008 and sql server of 2008.

2)   And If the value is selected in the drop down how we can those particular fields only.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• User905006921 posted

Hi Manohar,

<asp:DropDownList ID="valueList" runat="server">   
              <asp:ListItem Value="1" Text="abc"></asp:ListItem>
               <asp:ListItem Value="2" Text="xyz"></asp:ListItem>
    </asp:DropDownList>

I think you wants the selected value of drop down list.
    if yes,
    use    valueList.SelectedItem.Value  for geting value 
    or use valueList.SelectedItem.Text for geting text.

Let me know incase.
    thanks,
    Mayank Arora
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:17 AM
  • User-1545798617 posted

Hi Mayank Arora,

Thank u for giving me reply. Actually in the ssrs report They wont like that, there will be some process.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:35 AM
  • User-830595639 posted

Hi Manohar,

I think you are talking about the parameters, for this you need to follow the below given steps.

1. Take a new data set and fill it with the probable value for your dataset.

2. Goto your parameter, which you want to display as a dropdown, there select the Available Value property, and then select Value from Query. This will give you option to choose the Dataset, select the dataset and then your display field and value field.

3. Now, when you run the Report, the parameter will display like a dropdown.

4. It will work like normal parameters. Like in query you can write like the following

Where Value = @YourDropDownParameterName.Value

I hope this will help you. Fell free to ask if you have any doubts.

Thanks

Nishant

Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:39 AM
  • User-1545798617 posted

hi Nishant,

Iam new to this application. iam sending screen shot ,PLZ find the attachment. In the below screen u find the dropdown,but i dont know the procedure 

SRRS

plz find the screen shot.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:13 AM
  • User-830595639 posted

Hi Manohar,

I seen the screen shot, and it seems that you are not supplying any value for this parameter. You need to follow the steps I discussed in my earlier post.

Please do that and then let me know if you are able to get the value or not.

Monday, August 8, 2011 3:48 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi,

You can see this link to see how to create dataset parameter http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220464.aspx

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 11:26 PM