none
task history project server 2010 database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

i want to see on sql all the task history, i dont now where i can find this on database or tables or views.

who can help me?

thank

Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:02 PM

Answers

• Trend analysis isn't built into Project Server but can be added using a couple of different methods.  Here're a couple:

1) Build a timed SQL job that snapshots your project data and drops it into a custom SQL table.

2) External content types to take a snapshot of project data and store in a SharePoint list.

3) VBA to take a snapshot and store in a spare baseline field.

4) VBA to take a snapshot and store in a custom SQL table.

I should have posts in my blog for each of those examples.  Overall, I'd recommend options #1 or #4 from a usability and reporting standpoint.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Monday, June 18, 2012 2:25 AM

All replies

• Hey,

What exactly do you mean by task history? if you are looking to get baseline information you can get that from the reporting database MSP_EpmTask_UserView. If you are looking for tasks that existed and were then deleted, try the MSP_Tasks table in the Archive database.

Although, I do not think you can retrieve information on tasks that were deleted. Tell us a bit more about what you need and I'm sure someone can help you out.

EDIT: Actually, ignore that noise I wrote. Check Published DB Assignment_Transactions and see if thats what you need
    • Edited by Paul MC2 Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:55 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:22 PM
  • thanks for anwers

I have a project in project server 2010 Suppose I have my schedule with 3 tasks the progress of a task is 30%,

recorded and published on project server, Then in the next week the same task is updated in 50%,

recorded and published, I require to get the history updates made to the task,

For task A, I see 30% and 50% respectively.

Is not baseline.

this is to get a report on the progress of the task with all updates.

Thank you.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:31 PM
  • Trend analysis isn't built into Project Server but can be added using a couple of different methods.  Here're a couple:

1) Build a timed SQL job that snapshots your project data and drops it into a custom SQL table.

2) External content types to take a snapshot of project data and store in a SharePoint list.

3) VBA to take a snapshot and store in a spare baseline field.

4) VBA to take a snapshot and store in a custom SQL table.

I should have posts in my blog for each of those examples.  Overall, I'd recommend options #1 or #4 from a usability and reporting standpoint.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Monday, June 18, 2012 2:25 AM