none
Entity Framework and Filestreams RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Wondering if anyone here could point me to a solution on using SQL Server FileStream with entity framework.  

This does not seem to be supported, though I found some samples of people doing this and wondering if anyone has any ideas or thoughts on it.

Basically my requirement is to store photos, video, or audio on a server that are integral to a record held in SQL Server. We currently access all the data via OData and Entity Framework 6.1.3.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:53 AM

Answers

• Hello Allan Nielsen,

>>Basically my requirement is to store photos, video, or audio on a server that are integral to a record held in SQL Server. We currently access all the data via OData and Entity Framework 6.1.3.

You could use the WCF Data Service to expose the Odata Services, for details, please check this link:

Streaming Provider (WCF Data Services)

The streaming provider supplies the data service with the media resource stream associated with a specific entity as an Stream object. This implementation enables the data service to accept and return media resources over HTTP as binary data streams of a specified MIME type.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 3, 2015 3:29 AM