Hashtags as search refiners RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using SharePoint 2013 Community site and the hashtags that end users use do not appear in search refiners. How can we make hashtags appear in Search refiners?

Please help

techie

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to add hashtags to search refiners.

To display tags to the search refiners, we need to map the refinable hashtags managed property to refinement panel.

Here are some detailed articles for your reference:

Step by Step configuration to Add custom Refiners in the Refinement Panel of Search Results page

How to add refiners to your search results page in SharePoint 2013

How to: Use search to query social tag (hashtag) data

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:18 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Currently when I look at the search schema, I see two managed properties as attached in the image. Both of these managed properties are by default not "Refinable".  Which of these properties must be refinable to make social hashtags as search refiners?

techie

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:33 PM
  • Hi,

You need to use "owstaxIdMetadataAllTagsInfo" managed property for hashtags.

More information:

How to: Use search to query social tag (hashtag) data

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2015 8:30 AM
  • Hello Jerry,

I tried all the above Managed Properties but none of them show results from Community sites. So for eg: if I used a hashtag in one of the Community sites' discussion, then only results from Newsfeed posts appear and any other conversations in community sites ignore it.

techie

Friday, May 22, 2015 6:51 PM
  • Hi,

If the hashtag  only show the activity from the discussion nor the whole community site, I suggest you can full crawl the data in search service application to test if  it works.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Proposed as answer by Eric Tao Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:01 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:41 AM