Metro Search - Desktop Search

Question

• It seems when I use the Search feature from the Charms menu (pointing down to bottom-left corner) in Metro that it initializes to search through apps. (Which is very helpful.) But when I use the same feature from the Desktop it defaults to search through "BUILD".

Is there a reason why I keep having to adjust this from the desktop when I haven't even clicked on the Build metro app since a previous restart? Or is there a way to set the default type to search for (apps or something else) on both Metro and Desktop?

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:53 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your feedback as you try out our developer preview! The search pane automatically picks the first app in the list of apps shown, which is why you are probably seeing the //BUILD app.

We hear your feedback and updated this behavior for our beta. The search charm in the desktop will automatically take you to Start search, showing the full list of installed programs.

Monday, October 17, 2011 5:41 PM

All replies

• Exactly! It should search the same way it does in metro UI
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:17 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback as you try out our developer preview! The search pane automatically picks the first app in the list of apps shown, which is why you are probably seeing the //BUILD app.

We hear your feedback and updated this behavior for our beta. The search charm in the desktop will automatically take you to Start search, showing the full list of installed programs.

Monday, October 17, 2011 5:41 PM