none
Serious Problems with Windows 10 Version 1607: Update KB3211320

Question

• I had critical issues after this update but thought I got infected(even though my Bitdefender TS is active & up-to-date) so I reset the pc and reinstalled all apps cos system restore refused to work.

After the reset, updates came in and same thing happened so I realized it wasn't a virus and went through my updates searching online till I found out this update(KB3211320) is the culprit.

After this update, several applications won’t work like VMware, Visual Studio 2013 and all Microsoft office apps, Foxit PDF reader, ccleaner and a ton of other apps.

Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, iobit uninstaller and AVG PC Tuneup works.

I can only connect to my home Wi-Fi which I was using when I did the update. later went to work and the PC refused connecting to my office wireless but now I’m home and connected to home WIFI, though aforementioned apps are still not working.

System restore not working and I don't have the strength o do a refresh/reset any longer.

My biggest concern is VMware and VS cos I'm doing my M.Sc. research and everything is tied to the two so I'm stranded right now.

Has anyone experienced this and is there a solution or well have to wait for a fix from Microsoft. 

Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hello, all problems got fixed when I updated my Nvidia graphics card driver.
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 6:00 AM
  • Hi zayid,

Sorry for the delay because of the weekend.

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved, and thanks for sharing your solution here.

You could mark your replay as answer which would help other members who are facing similar issues.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 1:32 AM