none
Outlook homepage with multiple Outlook Viewctl objects? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Does anyone know of a way (or if it's even possible) to use two outlook view controls in the same page?  Displaying two folders is not a problem- I'm currently able to display both the inbox and sent items in an outlook homepage, as well as apply restrictions and open message from both.  However, only the first viewctl usable insofar as I can apply right-click actions to messages, and that selecting different message in the viewctl updates the reading pane.  Is there a way to "activate" the second viewctl via a command or click?  Changing the html active object or outlook's active folder doesn't seem to do the trick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Aaron

Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:23 PM

Answers

• Nope, only one.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"fastfingers55" <=?utf-8?B?ZmFzdGZpbmdlcnM1NQ==?=> wrote in message news:0954e4f3-e039-429b-b1b9-253dee7baa60...

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way (or if it's even possible) to use two outlook view controls in the same page?  Displaying two folders is not a problem- I'm currently able to display both the inbox and sent items in an outlook homepage, as well as apply restrictions and open message from both.  However, only the first viewctl usable insofar as I can apply right-click actions to messages, and that selecting different message in the viewctl updates the reading pane.  Is there a way to "activate" the second viewctl via a command or click?  Changing the html active object or outlook's active folder doesn't seem to do the trick.

Thanks, Aaron

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by fastfingers55 Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:16 PM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:35 PM

All replies

• Nope, only one.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"fastfingers55" <=?utf-8?B?ZmFzdGZpbmdlcnM1NQ==?=> wrote in message news:0954e4f3-e039-429b-b1b9-253dee7baa60...

Hello,

Thanks, Aaron

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by fastfingers55 Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:16 PM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:35 PM
  • Thanks Ken!  I guess a negative answer is better than no answer.
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:16 PM