none
App1.exe has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Question

• Hi I'm using Visual Studio 2017 to create a UWP app.

And I have a console applicaiton connected with the UWP app using AppServiceConnection.

I added this part to the manifest file : 

<desktop:Extension Category="windows.fullTrustProcess" Executable="win32\BackgroundProcess.exe" />

The problem is that sometimes the app crash with this message : App1.exe has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

So your app is called App1,right? Need to confirm something first. The console could run in the background according to the name, right? When your app crashes, have you launched the console app? In other words, when does this happen, before or after you launch the console app? And what is the UWP app doing before the crash? Receiving data or doing nothing justwaiting?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:40 AM
  • Hi Roy, 

Thank you for your response.

So, my app is called App1 exactly I will explain you how it works : 

- On starting the app, I'm starting also the console app : 

await Windows.ApplicationModel.FullTrustProcessLauncher.LaunchFullTrustProcessForCurrentAppAsync();

Here the app is not crashed but it crashes in both cases : 

->it crashes sometimes after few seconds from getting a message from the console (using AppServiceConnection)

->and sometimes it crashes without doing anything.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

Well, it's strange. Could you please share me a sample for this. Just a sample demo about how the app calls the win32 app and interact with it. This could help to find out the problem.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:40 AM