none
Project Unavailable

Question

• I have just installed VB 2015 community to start code from home, however whenever i start a new project it comes up with a message that says the project is unavailable , it says that there is 1 instant of an an error 

Instances of this error (1)

at EnvDTE.ProjectItem.get_ContainingProject()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDesignSurface.CreateDesigner(IComponent component, Boolean rootDesigner)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.AddToContainerPostProcess(IComponent component, String name, IContainer containerToAddTo)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.PerformAdd(IComponent component, String name)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.CreateComponent(Type componentType, String name)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host) 

Thank you in advance for any help

Sunday, May 8, 2016 7:56 PM

Answers

• Hi FredGiles,

Could you please tell me what's the version of your VS2015 Community? Have you install the Update1 or Update2? And what's your project type?

How about running your Visual Studio in safe mode?

Please try running Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it(devenv /safemode).

According to your description, it seems like something is wrong with your project template. Try to restore the template then try it agian:

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE)

2. In the command prompt, navigate to the location of devenv.exe. This file is located in <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE.

3. Type "devenv /installvstemplates" and press Enter.

If still no help, I suppose there might be something wrong with your Visual Studio? Try to repair your VS2015 Community or install the VS2015 Update2. It's the latest Update of Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Fred,

Per my understanding, this question belongs to visual studio general question. This forum is to discuss Windows Form designer questions. I will help move it to appropriate forum for effective response.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 9, 2016 2:51 AM
  • Thank you
    Monday, May 9, 2016 7:41 PM
  • Hi FredGiles,

Could you please tell me what's the version of your VS2015 Community? Have you install the Update1 or Update2? And what's your project type?

How about running your Visual Studio in safe mode?

Please try running Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it(devenv /safemode).

According to your description, it seems like something is wrong with your project template. Try to restore the template then try it agian:

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE)

2. In the command prompt, navigate to the location of devenv.exe. This file is located in <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE.

3. Type "devenv /installvstemplates" and press Enter.

If still no help, I suppose there might be something wrong with your Visual Studio? Try to repair your VS2015 Community or install the VS2015 Update2. It's the latest Update of Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:52 AM