none
The procedure entry point_stricmp could not be located in the dynamic link library RRS feed

• Question

• I've had this message pop up whenever i try to open my .exe, any help or advice, thank you
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hi I got problems,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, how do you open your .exe file? Please provide your code for us to test.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:13 AM
  • i open it by extracting it to my desktop then i try and open it, this is when the error pops up

Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:40 PM
  • i open it by extracting it to my desktop then i try and open it, this is when the error pops up

_stricmp is a string function that is provided by the Standard C Runtime Library.  See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/c-runtime-library/reference/stricmp-wcsicmp-mbsicmp-stricmp-l-wcsicmp-l-mbsicmp-l

You should provide more information about the nature of your application, the language in which it was written and the version of Visual Studio used.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:55 PM
  • its a .exe file, i had to install some api files, then this message poped up, idk what to do to be completely honest, it doesnt use visual studio
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:49 PM
  • Did you write the program (exe) ?
    Friday, March 2, 2018 12:56 AM
  • i didnt write it myself
    Friday, March 2, 2018 8:00 AM
  • i didnt write it myself

Then you should direct your questions about how to deploy and use the program to its author.
    Friday, March 2, 2018 11:09 AM
  • it doesn't have an author to contact
    Friday, March 2, 2018 12:25 PM
  • it doesn't have an author to contact

Regardless, this is not a development issue.
    Friday, March 2, 2018 12:30 PM
  • so its not even if i've reset my pc 4 times and it still does it?
    Friday, March 2, 2018 1:06 PM
  • so its not even if i've reset my pc 4 times and it still does it?

No, it's not a development issue.  From the limited information you were able to provide it appears that all the resources required by the unnamed application are not available. That is a deployment and usage issue that should be addressed by the author of the unnamed application.  It is unfortunate that you cannot obtain the necessary guidance from the appropriate source.  However, that does not change the facts.

Even if someone was willing to pursue this issue, you have not provided sufficient information about the unnamed application as requested earlier. If you are not capable of answering such questions how do you expect us to help you?

Friday, March 2, 2018 1:29 PM