HTTPS PUSH RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am currently processing the data received from IOT hub in azure stream analytics and saving them in a cosmos-DB. I'd like to send the message out to some external services as https push (REST API) to send the parsed and processed json format. After quite some searching I couldn't find anything. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Best,

Behzad.

Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Behzad,

You can call Azure functions using an HTTP trigger. Then, in Azure function, it is possible to have custom code to call any specific API.

You can run Azure Functions from Azure Stream Analytics by configuring Functions as one of the output sinks to the Stream Analytics job. Functions are an event-driven, compute-on-demand experience that lets you implement code that is triggered by events occurring in Azure or third-party services. This ability of Functions to respond to triggers makes it a natural output to Stream Analytics jobs.

Stream Analytics invokes Functions through HTTP triggers. The Functions output adapter allows users to connect Functions to Stream Analytics, such that the events can be triggered based on Stream Analytics queries.

For more details, refer “Azure Stream Analytics – Add a REST API call as an output” and “Run Azure functions from Azure Stream Analytics jobs”.

Hope this helps.

Friday, April 26, 2019 6:24 AM