none
Host Instances not starting at all. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For some reason, the Host instances have stopped and I am unable to start them. I am getting following error in System event logs.

Error: The BizTalk Service BizTalk Group : SQL_Host service failed to start due to the following error: %%1053

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the BizTalk Service BizTalk Group 

i have my all biztalk applications in running state (in Admin console not actually doing anything). My SQL Server is in same box which is running fine. I am able to connect to BizTalk Group. Only not able to 'Start' Host instances. I restarted my SQL services yet no effect.

please help.

• Edited by BlueSnowXYZ Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:16 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:15 PM

All replies

• Do you have MSMQ installed on the box?

See below link

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkgeneral/thread/fe2355ba-53c9-41d6-b27d-17cc43d57f37

If this post answers your question, please mark it as such. If this post is helpful, click 'Vote as helpful'.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Also check if the ENTSSO Service is running (Enterprise Single Sign-On Service)

Francois

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:23 PM
  • Thanks Madhu_SA for quick response. 

No, i don't have MSMQ installed. I am going through link which has reference to some KB article. 

I have BizTalk 2009 on WS-2008 R2 enterprise (64 bit), 
    • Edited by BlueSnowXYZ Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:27 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:24 PM
  • A lot of times this is attributed to the ENTSSO service. Try checking the event logs to see if you can see any errors and also ensure that the ENTSSO service is up and running. 

Also, check your MSDTC configuration and ensure that is set up properly as well. Here's a link to something you may find helpful: http://www.mombu.com/microsoft/biztalk-server/t-sso-hung-on-starting-468886.html

Ankit

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:35 PM
  • SSO is up and running. when is restart SQL service it will start SSO and MSDTC automatically. 
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:57 PM
  • MSDTC is configured same as it was before. I matched it with other box. However, i am seeing an icon with "MyBoxName" and "Local computer" in MSDTC. While the working box has only "Local Computer", does that affects at all?
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Are you getting any errors in the event log, are the other hosts running as they should?

Best regards

Tord Glad Nordahl
    Bouvet ASA, Norway
    http://www.BizTalkAdmin.com |@tordeman

Please indicate ”Mark as Answer” if this post has answered the question.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:17 PM
  • The above mentioned errors are from System Event log. None of the hosts are running. By searching web, i found somewhat that its a windows issue. I am still researching the root cause. By the way, when i try to enable my Net msmq Listener adapter service it shows the same error. Any direction where to start looking would be helpful. thanks.
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:47 PM
  • Try installing MSMQ on your computer and see if the problem goes away.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, September 21, 2012 12:08 AM
  • David, i installed MSMQ but problem persist.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa967729.aspx

Friday, September 21, 2012 1:41 PM
  • When you launch the "BizTalk Server Administration" mmc console, you are able to see all your applications, send ports, receive ports,... so ENTSSO is not the problem.  Several things I would try:

• Verify that the service account used for the host instances are part of the "BizTalk Application Users" group?
      • Try adding your service account to the "BizTalk Administrators" group?  If this works, then there is probably an issue with SQL access to the BizTalk data in SQL.
      • If none of the above works, try running your host instances using your account just to see if perhaps the service account has changed.  If this is the case, remove all of your host instances.  Then add the host instances back again... BizTalk should update the account with required settings.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:31 PM
  • BizTalk Server 2009 is not supported on Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926628

Morten la Cour

• Marked as answer by LeoTangModerator Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:54 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by BlueSnowXYZ Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:12 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:10 PM
  • I did repair for BizTalk as suggested in some old posts, and now i am not able to connect to my node???

The interesting part is if I go to Services.msc and enable the biztalk host services they are working fine. I opened BizTalk Configuration and not able to see my existing group also.

Can anyone point me is it permission issue with accounts or something or what?

• Edited by BlueSnowXYZ Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:09 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:57 PM
  • Did you try to reconfigure the BizTalk?

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalkien: Advanced Questions

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 3:46 AM