none
After updating Visual Studio I can't customize the fields in the datasource anymore

    Question

  • I an using  a WCF service (with entity framework => MS-SQL) If I update the ServiceReference I can't customize the datatypes anymore. In fact all boolean, datettime, integer datatypes are now unknown - and sometimes I can't bind the field to the datasource in runtime - that all happened after the update to 2015/1 - I have already made a "clean" install. Does anybody have a similar problem? Or even better a solution? Thanks 

    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:21 PM

Answers

  • Hi Matthias,

    Could you please tell me the detailed steps to help me reproduce for your problem?

    Please create a new project to check whether all projects has this issue or just this specific project. If for this specific project, please delete the .suo file in solution folder. You also can create a new project and copy the project files to the new project one by one to confirm which file causes this issue.

    If for all projects, please try uninstall the Update 1 from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Installed Updates. If you install the Visual Studio 2015 with Update 1 directly, please uninstall the Visual Studio 2015 without Update 1 to check whether it also has this issue. Then please install the Update 1 to check again.

    Besides, please clean your solution after modify your WCF service and rebuild it. Then please clean your client project and then rebuild your client project again to check whether the problem still exist. 

    Best Regards,
    Weiwei

    • Marked as answer by Matthias HB Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:32 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:25 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi Matthias,

    Could you please tell me the detailed steps to help me reproduce for your problem?

    Please create a new project to check whether all projects has this issue or just this specific project. If for this specific project, please delete the .suo file in solution folder. You also can create a new project and copy the project files to the new project one by one to confirm which file causes this issue.

    If for all projects, please try uninstall the Update 1 from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Installed Updates. If you install the Visual Studio 2015 with Update 1 directly, please uninstall the Visual Studio 2015 without Update 1 to check whether it also has this issue. Then please install the Update 1 to check again.

    Besides, please clean your solution after modify your WCF service and rebuild it. Then please clean your client project and then rebuild your client project again to check whether the problem still exist. 

    Best Regards,
    Weiwei

    • Marked as answer by Matthias HB Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:32 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:25 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Weiwei,

    I have tried all steps you have mentioned - also a new client (empty form with the same WCF Service) has the same problem. Even uninstalling Update 1 didn't change this behavior. So i installed Visual Studio without Update 1 ...and now it is working again. This is not a solution for a long time, but at the moment, I have to finish this project. I am using the same WCF Service (did not compile it with Studio without update again). So it must be a problem with update 1.  

    Thank you for your reply!

    Regards from Berlin

    Matthias


    • Edited by Matthias HB Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:31 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:30 AM