none
regarding typed dataset in asp.net website RRS feed

• Question

• Sir,

I trying to use a strongly typed dataset in my asp.net website . when i work in local. i am not getting any error. and the application works properly. and when put the files in the ISP hosted website. i am getting error as

'mydataset.mytabledatable is not defined'.  that is the i think the dataset is like not included in the project/website.

please tell me a proper way to work with typed dataset in asp.net website.(not the web application.)

thanks in advance

Mohan
    Friday, March 20, 2009 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi it is working properly.

as there is already files in the web directory(ftp site.). some html pages. i just copied in  a separate folder which was the problem i thing. when i moved all the files to the root, including the app_code directory it is working.

I think it will work. if any problem i will post back.

thanks for your reply.
    Mohan
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:01 PM

All replies

• Does a copy of the generated strongly typed dataset code exist in the the "app_code\" directory of your website?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 8:49 PM
  • previously, i didn't use the generated typed data set using xsd(a .cs class file.). it showed the same error message. i tried putting both the .xsd file and the generated .cs class file. now i am getting compiler error itself.
    Error

1 Duplicate 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute' attribute c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\website1\dde519d0\d066cb91\App_Code.m-hveu5r.1.cs 16 
    duplication
    ..15 errors

Error 6 Type 'dsSarathy.bill_detailsDataTable' is not defined. G:\website1\rptBillReport.aspx.vb 7 30 G:\website1\

Please tell how to use it.
    Mohan

-- when i move my .cs file out of the App_code. (leaving the .xsd in APP_code).  i am not getting compiler error. but it is not working.

--
    after putting the dsSarathy.cs into App_Code directory. my declaration gets error like

Dim tmpwaiter As dsSarathy.waiter_detailsDataTable

Dim tmpproducts As New dsSarathy.menu_detailsDataTable

Also my intellisense has changed to dsSarathyWaiterDetails as a  class structure. not in the system.data.datatable  structure.

all my dataadapter.fill(dt) is getting error.
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:09 PM
  • Hi it is working properly.

as there is already files in the web directory(ftp site.). some html pages. i just copied in  a separate folder which was the problem i thing. when i moved all the files to the root, including the app_code directory it is working.

I think it will work. if any problem i will post back.

thanks for your reply.
    Mohan
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:01 PM