Unable to connect to the remote server - ReportViewer RRS feed

• Question

• User787663630 posted

I'm trying to access a ssrs report from a server using remote mode and I get the below error.

The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.

Below is my code:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote;
                ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = new Uri("http://hms01/Reports/");
                ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportPath = "/mobilereports/MobileReports/Mobile%20Report%201";
                ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Refresh();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                ex.Message.ToString();
            }
        }

Could someone help with this?

Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:55 AM

All replies

• User-1838255255 posted

Hi  vickyt50k,

According to your code and error message , As far as I know , it is possible that error caused by security .

You can reference this link’s 403(Forbidden)   :

http://blogs.lostincreativity.com/sqldba/sql-server-2005-reporting-services-configuration-issues-and-fixes/

Best Regards,

Eric Du

Friday, October 14, 2016 9:04 AM
  • User-691209617 posted

You attempts to connect to SSRS using HTTP instead of HTTPS therefore the error and failure to connect.

Also please chech your IIS settings:

When you go to the IIS settings, right-click on the website/application and go to properties. Under the Home Directory tab, you can set the execute permissions to script only (or scripts and executables, if you're using executable files too).

Are you getting the error when trying to access the startpage.htm file?  Make sure you have created the application root in IIS on the new machine, and have enabled "anonymous access" for it.  Also, when you are setting the permissions, try to choose "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects".

Also, trouble shoot reporting server configuration.

Do let me know if any of suggested solution works.

Monday, October 17, 2016 6:57 PM