Include a 'bible' within an app. RRS feed

• Question

• User270637 posted

Hi,

I am currently in the process of building an app for a Christian radio station. They have asked if it is possible to include a functional bible within their app. I have spent ages trying to research this could be done but so far to no avail. Is anyone able to point me in a helpful direction?

Greatly Appreciated.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:27 AM

All replies

• User171749 posted

You could use this Bible API. http://getbible.net/api

Use the JSON responses to build a functional bible in the app.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:31 AM
  • User180523 posted

Or... There are 1,000 other bible apps out there. Do you really want to re-invent it and take on the headache of supporting it? Personally I'd worry about your own app and its functions and point them at any of the other freely available apps they can get. Maybe add a button on your app to launch the other one to make it feel a bit more integrated.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:33 AM
  • User33830 posted

Why not include a pdf of a bible.

https://developer.xamarin.com/recipes/cross-platform/xamarin-forms/controls/display-pdf/

Thursday, April 5, 2018 12:38 PM
  • User180523 posted

I guess it depends on what "include it" means. Is it supposed to be searchable? Should passages display within the existing UI and thus be subject to existing Style definitions etc.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:00 PM
  • User382248 posted

I need help on similar issue also. I'm building a kind of church app. But I want to display Bible verse within the app such that whenever the verse is clicked, a dialog box pops up containing that verse. How can this be done? An idea of what I'm thinking about is attached along with this text.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:17 PM
  • User382248 posted

I need help on similar issue also. I'm building a kind of church app. But I want to display Bible verse within the app such that whenever the verse is clicked, a dialog box pops up containing that verse. How can this be done? An idea of what I'm thinking about is attached along with this text.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:17 PM