none
Bug when settings contains IsolatedAzureActiveDirectoryVisible

Question

• Hi There,

My settings are not maintain between VS runs. I change the settings, exit, and when I'm back the settings are back to old values.

FACTS

• The Current.settings gets updated
    • When I import the Current.settings the new settings are set

I get one error when imported manually: 

Your settings were imported, but there were some errors.

Error 1:  Synchronized Settings: Unable to import property 'IsolatedAzureActiveDirectoryVisible' because it contains invalid data 'true'.

I set it to Checked or Unchecked it doesn't matter. Same error.

If I edit the .settings and remove that property, it loads completely with all the settings. So my guess is that error cause the loading to stop instead of just skipping it.

HOW CAN I FIX THAT?

I also have the symptoms of Search and Replace last settings never saved between executions. Related? probably.

Friday, January 15, 2016 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hi ML1964,

>>I change the settings, exit, and when I'm back the settings are back to old values.

>>Error 1:  Synchronized Settings: Unable to import property 'IsolatedAzureActiveDirectoryVisible' because it contains invalid data 'true'.

Could you share me the detailed steps about how you edit your settings file? Where can I edit the "IsolatedAzureActiveDirectoryVisible"? Could you us a screen shot or detailed steps about it? So I could really repro this issue. In addition, which VS version did you use?

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 18, 2016 11:55 AM
  • Hi Jack,

How I edit the settings file?

Simply edit (using Notepad++) the Current.vssetthings file saved by VS.

The offending line is in bold:

<ToolsOptionsSubCategory name="RoamingSettings" RegisteredName="RoamingSettings" PackageName="Roaming Manager Package">
    	<PropertyValue name="SyncEditor">true</PropertyValue>
    	<PropertyValue name="IsolatedAzureActiveDirectoryEnabled">false</PropertyValue>
    	<PropertyValue name="SyncAppearance">true</PropertyValue>
    	<PropertyValue name="RoamingEnabled">true</PropertyValue>
    	<PropertyValue name="SyncStartup">true</PropertyValue>
    	<PropertyValue name="SyncAliases">true</PropertyValue>
    	<PropertyValue name="SyncKeyBindings">true</PropertyValue>
    	<PropertyValue name="IsolatedAzureActiveDirectoryVisible">true</PropertyValue>
    </ToolsOptionsSubCategory>

I'm guessing that section is related to these options in VS

Visual Studio Version?

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
    Version 14.0.24720.00 Update 1

Screen Shot

When it loads the settings at startup I get no error, no message, nothing. But I know it failed since the other settings following that are not set.

If I import the settings manually with:

Tools / Import and Export Settings... / Import selected environment settings

Then I select Current.vssetings. When I import the same settings I get:

If I delete the section from the file and import the same file, no error and all the settings are in. The problem is that now I can't change anything since the next time I start VS it will fail to load the new settings.

Is it helping?

ML

• Edited by ML1964 Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:13 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:10 AM
  • Thanks for your friendly response, ML.

I just could get the result like the following one in my default VS2015 Enterprise with update 1 even if it was not the Professional version, but generally the enterprise would support all features of the professional version

It seems that it is not the default settings options in the VS IDE. Whether you install any sepcific package or extension tool which was related to the Azure? If it was not the default VS settings option, I afraid that it would have a limitation using the export or import settings function.

If possible, you could share me the steps about how I could get that option, so I could really repro it in my side.

But if we make sure that the VS settings really has a limitation for this option, I suggest you submit a connect report:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your understanding. Of course, if I could repro this issue, I will help you vote your report.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:01 AM
  • Hi, Im also getting errors

Error 1:  Failed to export settings for '#2015' [code 7369]
    Error 2:  Failed to export settings for '#2001' [code 7369]

when exporting settings. Im using VS Professional 2015 on Win8

Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:15 AM
  • Hi Jan,

Do you mean that you also use the IsolatedAzureActiveDirectoryVisible in your settings?

It seems that the first screen shot in  ML's reply didn't display, actually it has different options like the screen shot in my latest reply:

Do you install any extension tools or singly package which was related to the Azure ActiveDirectory? I couldn't find that option under TOOLS->Options->Environment->Synchronized Settings.

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, January 29, 2016 3:04 AM