none
WEC 7 Patition Tool RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any available native or third party tool that can partition the NAND Flash memory of CE 7 system at run-time?

I'm planning to test out various partition sizes with my system. Thanks

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:57 AM

All replies

• Nand partitioning is possible using BOOTPART library functions in the eboot.

If you want to do it dynamically, then a driver is required to carry out the task. in the application using the driver calls it can be achieved.

--- Misbah 

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:23 AM
  • Nand partitioning is possible using BOOTPART library functions in the eboot.

If you want to do it dynamically, then a driver is required to carry out the task. in the application using the driver calls it can be achieved.

--- Misbah 

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Aside from creating an application myself, are there any pre-existing utility or third party apps that can do this for WinCE/Compact 7?
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:46 AM
  • As per my knowledge, it is not there ...

But may be you can check.

--- Misbah

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:00 AM
  • Using Storage Manager Control panel applet, you can create,format,etc., the partition of a storage.

Add SYSGEN_STOREMGR_CPL to your osdesign and check in the control panel for this applet.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    • Proposed as answer by Keshava GN Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:47 AM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:25 AM
  • Using Storage Manager Control panel applet, you can create,format,etc., the partition of a storage.

Add SYSGEN_STOREMGR_CPL to your osdesign and check in the control panel for this applet.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]

The Control Panel Applet is unable to partition. It always fails when I try to partition any disk it sees.

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:52 AM
  • At run-time you can use Storage Manager API.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ee490039(v=winembedded.60).aspx

Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:15 AM