none
Tablix displays incorrect font for field in subsequent rows if field is null in first row RRS feed

• Question

• I'm testing a RDLC in an ASP.NET application. The report is populated via a dataset based on a View in SQL Server 2008 and contains a list (tablix). I'm finding that when a field in the first row contains no data, subsequent rows will display that field in the default font rather than the font I have selected for the field. Is this a known issue?
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:24 AM

All replies

• I have exactly the same issue, it only happens if the row above is empty.

Did you get any feedback on this?

Thanks,

Theo

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:31 PM
  • We have the exact same problem. Using SSRS 2008 R2 accessed by an ASP.NET application using Report Viewer 2010 SP1.

We believe that the problem is with the Viewer Control, but I'm not having any luck finding a fix. Both Report Viewer 2010 and Report Viewer 2010 SP1 are affected.

When displaying the report to screen if the column has a null value in the on the first row of the page you get a different font that is larger than the one specified in the report. Using an ISNULL in the SQL to turn null to an empty string does not help, but isnull to a space i.e. ' ' resolves the issue for text fields. This still leaves a problem with dates and numbers (unless you converted everything to char in the SQL and have the SQL do the formatting instead of the report).

Edit: The report is Arial 8pt. The font on the columns with the problem is Times New Roman 12pt.

Outputting the report to PDF, printer, xls, etc all show the correct font.

We do not want to recode ~200 reports (that were designed and working in RS2005, before being upgraded to 2008 R2) just to remove a font issue that is clearly in the control.

Is there a fix for this issue?

Does anyone have a fully working solution?

Friday, May 13, 2011 4:32 AM
  • This is a known HTML rendering issue that affects SSRS 2008 R2 and the VS 2010 ReportViewer control. The workaround, as you've already discovered, is to ensure that the textboxes in the tablix are never empty (e.g., by appending a space). (Note that you can do so in the textbox value expression.) The only other known workaround is to revert to the VS 2008 ReportViewer control.

There's no fix for this issue at this time.

Program Manager, SQL Server Reporting Services
    Friday, May 13, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Is there any information on when a fix for this issue is scheduled to appear?

A link to the problem in connect? etc.

Friday, May 13, 2011 6:02 AM
  • We have an internal bug for this issue, but I don't believe we have a Connect bug, so I'd encourage you to submit one.

Program Manager, SQL Server Reporting Services
    Friday, May 13, 2011 6:04 AM