none
Windows 7 SP1 x64, partially checked build, WOW64 broken RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just created a partially checked build by following the tutorial. I extracted the checked ntoskrnl and hal from the installation media from MSDN, verified the version numbers. Boot seems to succeed, but a couple of services fail to start and most annoyingly, all 32bit processes (WOW64) fail to start.

Could it be related to security patches? Do you have any other ideas?

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:52 PM

Answers

• the MSDN chk kernel and HAL from the RTM media are seriously out of date compared to what is patched and updated in the field. Not surprisingly, some internal interfaces may have changed that affected WOW functionality.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:42 PM

All replies

• the MSDN chk kernel and HAL from the RTM media are seriously out of date compared to what is patched and updated in the field. Not surprisingly, some internal interfaces may have changed that affected WOW functionality.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:42 PM
  • That's what I thought.

Where do I get an updated chk kernel and HAL?

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:22 AM
  • I don't think you can get a chk kernel or HAL outside of the RTM bits

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:44 PM