migrating from Nuget to NPM RRS feed

• Question

• User775232658 posted

In our project we need to migrate from Nuget to NPM. this is AngularJS application. I have installed node.js and NPM and loaded all the libraries required. now I have package.json file in project. Questions are

1.How projectfile interact with package.json.

2.If I deploy site on IIS, do I need to deploy whole node_module folder which contains all the file.

3. while using NuGetPackage we were deploying .nupkg file which describe where to pick contents from. is there something similar with NPM.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:46 AM

Answers

• User775232658 posted

after googling and experimenting things I have found following answers to my question.

1.How projectfile interact with package.json.

Project file never interact with Package.json file it hold all the information about external dependency.

If I deploy site on IIS, do I need to deploy whole node_module folder which contains all the file.

yes, but then we have to change the file references in index.html file. otherwise you can xcopy required files from node_modules to required folder.

while using NuGetPackage we were deploying .nupkg file which describe where to pick contents from. is there something similar with NPM.

there is no such zip file available in NPM.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:07 AM