Marketplace Download Error: 805a01f4 RRS feed

• Question

• We have an app that has been in the marketplace for quite a while and have recently had a customer contact us being unable to download and install our app. This is the first complaint of this nature we have had. He is able to download and install other apps but when trying to download our app he receives an error - both from the web front-end and the Windows Phone Marketplace app on his device.

Oops... Something went wrong and we can’t show you this page right now.
    f1f3da91-b222-408a-92a1-334c87520081

Device:
    SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE
    Marketplace isn't available at the moment.
    Please check back in a bit.
    Error code: 805a01f4.

Has anyone encountered this scenario and has a solution or perhaps has any ideas on what we could suggest to the customer to try and resolve the issue?

Thank you in advance!

Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This error means that the Marketplace / service isn't available at the moment, which usually is a temporary problem only.

When others reported similar problems / the same error most the problem disappeared after some retries or a reboot of the device.

Please let us know in case this problem still exists.

Regards

Klaus

Klaus Bassler

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This error means that the Marketplace / service isn't available at the moment, which usually is a temporary problem only.

When others reported similar problems / the same error most the problem disappeared after some retries or a reboot of the device.

Please let us know in case this problem still exists.

Regards

Klaus

Klaus Bassler

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:54 PM
  • Good day Klaus,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I did research the error and came up with that same conclusion as you - which I duly told the customer. Unfortunately it seems over the past 3 weeks he is able to download other apps (free and paid) but has been unable to download ours having tried numerous times over that period as well as other suggestions mentioned in this thread:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wpapps/error-code-805a01f4/7d154220-a3dc-464c-8050-95d80ed86c48

Could it possibly be carrier or device/OS version related?

Monday, December 3, 2012 7:45 AM
  • Hi, your customer(s) still experiencing this issue? If not, how did you fix? If still have the prob, how is your WP dev account, everything set/configured correctly, are you seeing any alerts on the account summary page requiring tax/payment-account info needing to be set?

• Proposed as answer by Jason Giles Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:21 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jason Giles Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:21 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:24 AM
  • Apparently this is STILL going on.... Why is something easily marked as Answered if it is not??? A vague answer is NOT an answer! A SOLUTION is an ANSWER. Anything less is nothing but another question...... November 20 2014 and STILL going on with ALL Updates for Windows Phone 8.1!!!!
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:52 PM
  • Why is it not available??????
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:53 PM
  • Yes,, need a solution for this.. Don't know what is wrong, but still facing the same error from past 2 weeks..

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:11 PM
  • I'm also getting some of these.  Several reported over the last few days.  This is in an a established app with a long standing in-app purchase of a durable product and in multiple marketplaces.

Monday, December 8, 2014 2:36 PM
  • I just had a customer contact me about this with the exact same problem. My app is the first one they have tried to buy. They have no problem downloading free or trial apps. Can we get an answer please? Or at least somewhere to direct customers who want to give us, and Microsoft, money?
    Monday, June 8, 2015 2:02 PM
  • I get this on my wife's phone. Some apps work, but one in particular always gets this trying to get a specific in-app purchase. We have tried rebooting the phone, we have gotten updates of the app, but still this purchase won't go through.

The Phone is a Lumia 830, the app is 6tag.

M Kenyon II

Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:50 PM