none
Error while adding .tmh file for WPP tracing RRS feed

• Question

• Have been trying to add .tmh file by using WPP tracing but it seems like the build is throwing up an error. I thought it was because of wrong GUID. But even after creating a new GUID using uuidgen.exe, the build is still throwing an error that the file doesn't exist.

1>c:\winddk\7600.16385.1\src\network\ndis\mptest\miniport.c(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'miniport.tmh': No such file or directory
    1>c:\winddk\7600.16385.1\src\network\ndis\mptest\miniport.c(26) : error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'miniport.tmh': No such file or directory

TARGETTYPE=DRIVER

TARGETLIBS=$(DDK_LIB_PATH)\ndis.lib

MSC_WARNING_LEVEL=/WX /W4

# System and NDIS wrapper definitions.
    C_DEFINES=$(C_DEFINES) -DNDIS_MINIPORT_DRIVER=1
    C_DEFINES=$(C_DEFINES) -DNDIS_WDM=1 

# disabled warning 4201 -- nonstandard extension used : nameless struct/union
    # disabled warning 4214 -- nonstandard extension used : bit field types other than int
    # disabled warning 4127 -- conditional expression is constant
    MSC_WARNING_LEVEL=$(MSC_WARNING_LEVEL) /wd4201 /wd4214 /wd4127

SOURCES = \
    	..\miniport.c \
    	..\adapter.c  \
    	..\ctrlpath.c \
    	..\datapath.c \
    	..\tcbrcb.c   \
    	..\mphal.c    \
    	..\MPIsr.c    \

RUN_WPP= \
        $(SOURCES) \
        -km \
        -func:DEBUGP(LEVEL,MSG,...)

Is there something wrong with the sources file I have edited ?

With regards,
    Jenson Alex Pais

• Edited by JENSON PAIS Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:58 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 5:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Jenson,

Where do you define the tracing GUID? A common pattern in samples is to use a trace.h file (see example) and point to it by adding -scan:trace.h to RUN_WPP.

• Marked as answer by JENSON PAIS Friday, June 10, 2016 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Jenson,

Where do you define the tracing GUID? A common pattern in samples is to use a trace.h file (see example) and point to it by adding -scan:trace.h to RUN_WPP.

• Marked as answer by JENSON PAIS Friday, June 10, 2016 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:30 PM
  • Hi Jenson,

Hi Alex,

I should have probably mentioned, I already have a trace.h file. I have used the sample from the <g class="gr_ gr_12 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="12" id="12">netvmin</g> example. And changed the GUID by using the uuidgen.exe.  I will use your -scan:trace.h suggestion for now and see if it works or not. Here's the trace.h file that I am using at the moment. 

#define WPP_CONTROL_GUIDS \
        WPP_DEFINE_CONTROL_GUID(SmigMPGUID,(1A1583B6,DFEC,41A6,A034,AB92CE0ED226),  \
            WPP_DEFINE_BIT(MP_ERROR)              \
            WPP_DEFINE_BIT(MP_WARNING)            \
            WPP_DEFINE_BIT(MP_TRACE)              \
            WPP_DEFINE_BIT(MP_INFO)               \
            WPP_DEFINE_BIT(MP_LOUD)               \
            )

With regards,
    Jenson Alex Pais

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 4:52 AM
  •  After using -scan: ..\trace.h as mentioned by Alex. The compiler has located the file. I had to give the right path for the -scan to work.  

With regards, Jenson Alex Pais

• Edited by JENSON PAIS Friday, June 10, 2016 9:48 AM Solved
    Friday, June 10, 2016 6:06 AM