Windows App Certification Test ( 3.1) failed in RT

Question

• Hi, there,

I wrote a store app for window 8.1. before I ship it to the store, I created test packages for X64, x86 as well as ARM.

I ran the Windows app certification Kit 3.1 test for both x86 and x64 in my laptop and it passed.

however, when I install the ARM package to my Surface  ( upgraded to 8.1). and ran the certification test again, I got the following error:

• Error Found: The app resources validation test detected the following errors:
      • The "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\PRI30D7.tmp" file is missing or invalid.
      • Manifest Resource Validation Test encountered error: hr = 0x80004005.

But when I ran the same test in my laptop, I did not get this error?

Why is that so, and how to fix it?

thanks

Peter Lu

Peter Lu .Net Enterprise Wide Application Architect MCTS, MCDBA, MCPD/EA State Local and Education Division HP Enterprise Services

Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:04 PM

All replies

• Interesting enough or frustrating enough, I started a new project and copied all logos I have into that new project and changed the Manifest file to use these logos  and tested ARM package in my surface, to my surprise, it passed.

Then I clean up the Asset folder in my original project and clean up the reference to these logos. Then I copied the logos from the Assets folder of the test project and put them bacl, and redo the manifest file again. Then build and test. Guess what it still fail.  I am totally lost!

I need help desperately. I supposed to ship the app  today….  Please help!

Peter Lu .Net Enterprise Wide Application Architect MCTS, MCDBA, MCPD/EA State Local and Education Division HP Enterprise Services

Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:04 PM
  • it looks like the file name changes from time to time, PRIxxxx.

what is that file for? what does 0x80004005 mean here? in surface I could not even go to C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\ to see what is there?

Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:09 PM
  • I figured out how to get the to teh folder and cleaned up the folder and tried again, I got the same result, fail.I was woudnering if it is bug in Windows App Certification Kit for RT?

but I checked all differnt logos in RT, they are all displayed as expected.

• Edited by Peter Lu ZC Friday, December 27, 2013 1:15 AM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 12:28 AM
  • update on my case as following:

I filed a support request with MS,  and I provide the manifest file and package built for RT.  and I got the response was : the they tested the package with 2 RT devices, and works fine. test passed without problem. it could be just my surface device issue.

Today, I went to get a new surface 2 device, after initial update/ install , I got my app loaded to the surface device. Indeed, the verification test passed.  but the app actually crashed when I navigate to Item Detail page. Spent an hour to set up debugging env with Surface 2, the message I god was:

A first chance exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

WinRT information: Access is denied.

just to be sure I have the permission I need, I made sure that I am the administrator fo both intel based box and the surface device.

I do not understand this:

1) the same package works well in Surface ( upgrade to 8.1), but get this error with surface 2

2) at the same time it passed verification test on the same device

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Peter Lu

• Edited by Peter Lu ZC Saturday, December 28, 2013 2:42 AM
    Saturday, December 28, 2013 2:32 AM
  • 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException'  is confirmed to be caused by a windows 8.1 bug, please refer to my blog

http://peterluzc.blogspot.com/2014/01/speechsynthesizer-throws-exception-in.html for detail

about "The "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\PRI30D7.tmp" file is missing or invalid." error.

It appears to be related to multiple login accounts on the same device... I got this problem all after I login in to another account on the same device (for testing purpose)...

provided the verification reports to Microsoft and was told they fund something, but is not ready to provide me with the response yet... once I get the response, I will post it here.

Monday, February 10, 2014 7:03 PM