User migration for Azure DevOps Server 2019 update 1.1 to Cloud Azure DevOps Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am working on migrating Azure DevOps Server 2019 update 1.1 to Cloud Azure DevOps Service using Microsoft provided Migrator.exe tool. While executing the migration steps I am facing issues at user mapping for windows Active directory to Azure Active Directory.

As per process have successfully completed below steps.

1. Validate - Passed
    2. Prepare - Passed
      1.  IdentityMapLog - Created
      2. Import.Json - Created

Here when I opened IdentitymapLog file it showing all users as historical, none of them showing as Active even for myself.

If I proceed to import with the generated IdentityMapLog file, the migration is happening and the project was created in Azure DevOps services. But none of the users are getting access to Azure DevOps services.

Also have observed all users are creating in Azure DevOps services with UserType = "User" and not getting any access, If I add any user to manually the UserType="AddUser" and the user getting access on Azure DevOps services project.

Please guide me why the IdentityMapLog file creates all users as historical. What should we do to make it Active.

Thanks

Karthick

Friday, May 15, 2020 11:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Karthick

Sorry for the delay in response to your query.

We have a dedicated DevOps community channel for discussing issues related to Azure DevOps. Suggest you post your query at https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/21/index.html to connect with the right experts which will help you getting experts suggestions/advise on your DevOps queries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Friday, May 29, 2020 3:47 PM